Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm back.....

Warm greetings from a very chilly Chicago.
I can not believe that it has been almost 5 months since my last posting. However I plan to fix that with a new update on the comings and goings of my beloved family. I wish I could post pictures, I wish I could get cute backgrounds, but alas I am in the infancy stages of my computer knowledge and at this point without Michele's help can only write on my blog. Perhaps pictures and wallpaper will come soon and then you will enjoy a visual along with written update.
Speaking of Michele....perhaps this is the reason for my blogging again. As you all probably know by now, Michele, Nate and my dear Lincoln moved to California in late January. Now I know there are greater sorrows in the world, but to be honest, I am having trouble imagining anything more painful than having them leave. This blog will be good for me as I will be able to get out my feelings and express my joy over how well they are doing. Interestingly the hardest thing for me was going to church. I have to admit, I stayed away for 3 weeks something I have not done ever except when I was sick or had a new baby. But going to church where I looked forward to seeing Michele and Lincoln (and Nate too)was just too much for me. It really did not help to stay home from church, but the time I went, I embarassed my self so much by crying that I decided most people would probably want me to stay away until I could get it together. Now I know what everyone must be thinking - they are not that far away, all is well with them, yada, yada, yada, but when you are in a depression, you really can not see the forest for the trees. However, I am doing much better. I actually went to church on Sunday - all three hours and did just fine. I have been devouring the scriptures of late and perhaps that plus being very busy with school and my classess (more on that later)have gotten me out of my funk. Whatever, I am better and so happy to report that Michele is doing great. She has taken Lincoln on several walks outside and this makes me smile. We are still experiencing one of the worst Chicago winter on record and the fact that Michele and Lincoln get to experience 80 degree weather does make me smile. That and the fact that she will be here soon to help me with this years Miss Vernon Hills Pageant - our last one - makes me have hope. As I told someone at church yesterday, there may be a time in the not too distant future when I may talk to my son-in law again, but I don't think he show count on it!! (only kidding Nate)We bought a web camera and I get to talk with and look at my Bubbie on a daily basis - that is a great invention and I highly recommend it for anyone who has loved ones in different parts of the country. I get to talk with my other grandson, Kyle who loves to look into the camera and say "Hi Grandma Deb Deb" They are coming to visit for my spring break and I could not be more excited to see them.
Matt and Cort are doing great. Matt is enjoying his new job as a paramedic firefighter, and Cort is finally getting over the first trimester of pregnancy and feeling better. Can not wait to have them here to spoil them and Kyle. David and his sweet Kelly continue to see each other. We hope and pray they will continue to plan a life together.
Again about me .....AFter the first of the year Rich and I decided that it was time for me to pursue my master degree in teaching and leadership. It is something I had been thinking about for awhile and the time seemed right. I got into a great program and 2 other teaches from my district are also in the cohort. I will have classes for the next two years on Wednesday night, and will have one very long and intense class this summer. I will not be able to teacher summer school which I have done for the past 6 years, but next year no classes during the summer so I have been promised my old job back. I love going to school, love learning, but struggle with the homework and papers. It is a lot to do with teaching full time, and then switching to being a student again. Luckly for me right now I have a student teacher and she is in her solo teaching weeks so I have some time to work on some assignments for my school. Things always seems to work out for me and I feel the Lord's blessings and support in all I do. I love you all and will try to work on learning how to post pictures and changing my wallpaper.

4 comments:

Cortney said...

DEBBIE IS BACK!! how fun! its ok that you are sad about Michele, you are just her mom. it is completley understandable. well, we love you lots!!

lacey said...

Hi aunt Debbie... I know the pain of leaving my sisters and mom, and maybe that can't relate, but I am sorry that relocations sometimes happen. We are at move 12 ourselves in 9 years and sometimes I wonder if I will ever EVER be back near family. Homesickness for family never seems to go away for me.

Good luck with school!

My due date is July 2nd (but I go 2/3 weeks early) and am supposed to be in Fresno July 22nd for my husbands family reunion. (The thought of traveling with 4 kids- 3under 3 1/2- does not make me too excited) but I am hopeful I would be able to catch up with Michelle.

If you need blog template help I have a practice blog I work up templates/headers on to share. If you have a particular color you like I could go from there. BUT, I know you have kids that can help too! I don't mind either.

Michele said...

I miss you too mom but I know this is where we are supposed to be right now and I know deep down you are happy for us. Funny enough, I went to church and had almost the same reaction, I never realized how comfortable I had become in our ward until I had to attend a ward where I know nobody. I miss having you in the pew with us but we already have your new home picked out here in Clovis so whenever you are ready to retire we are happy to have you! Love and kisses from us all (but especially Lincoln!)

Chelsea said...

im so glad your back! its great to hear everyone is doing okay, hopefully we can all get together again soon!