Saturday, June 14, 2008

End of School and OH NO!!!

Well another school year ended for me. I can not believe I have been teaching third grade for 10 years. You would think by now I would have learned so much more !!! Besides the school year coming to a close, I find myself in a bite of a medical crisis. Nothing too serious, just very annoying and depressing. Two weeks ago, I treated myself to an 1 1/2 hour massage. I have to admit, I am a massage junkie. I love it and while Rich was at a golf outing, I decided to treat myself to a massage and facial. It was a great day. Even had manny peddy. It was a good day. However, over the course of the next few days I noticed I was very sore in my neck area. I did not think too much about it until one day I woke up to a feeling that there was a knife in my back by my shoulder blade. Also, I was numb from my shoulder to my elbow on one of my arms. It was a little alarming, but I decided to treat it as a muscle strain and not tell Rich. AFter several days of an at home treatment and the trip for my brothers wedding quickly approaching, I decided to see the doctor. I won't bore you with lots of details, but the long and short of it is the I have herinated two disc in my neck as a result of being in a position for 1 1/2 hours during the massage. I am on several strong drugs and a pain killer (can you say loopy!!) but as of tonight, have not had a lot of results. The worst part of starting my summer vacation like this is that I was unable to travel to my brothers wedding. I had really looked forward to going - was all packed but was unable to travel. It was a major bummer and I am trying to be positive - the diagnosis could be so much worst, but I find when you are going through one of these trails, it is hard to see the positive. Tomorrow is my birthday and while Rich is being so good to me I am just sad. Wish my kids/grandkids were here, wish I was not in pain, wish I was at the wedding. I start my class on Monday and right now starting to write my thesis is the last thing on my mind. Maybe it will be good to think about something else for awhile. I will write more positively soon I know.

3 comments:

Michele said...

OH MOM!! I'm so sorry for you but we will be there soon and then you can kiss and cuddle your bubbie all day long. Then it's all up from there- just think how much better your summer is going to get. I miss you and we'll see you soon!!

Susie said...

I have felt so bad for you- it can only get better, right??? We missed you so much the last two weekends- but especially this past weekend! You're in my thoughts and prayers- love you!

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/8-cara-sukses-bisnis-kuliner-online/