Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Queens

Well the pageant is finally over. It was such a success. We got beautiful queens and the positive comments from everyone made the whole process seem a lot less painful. Michele did an unbelievable job of organizing this event. All I really had to do was show up and look cute. (that is my speciality!!!) Last night I judged the Miss Mundelein Pageant for our neighboring town. It was fun, but required that I be there from 1:30 pm until the conclusion at 10:00. I was very tired. While these events are over and I feel very satisfied with the results, they came at a cost. As usual, when things are in an upheavel in my life, my diet takes a hit. While I am still working hard on the program, my exercise has really taken a back seat. I thought I would get back to it today, but it is so hot, and this house really needed some attention. I know it is an excuse, but I feel like I can get back to at least walking tomorrow. This battle continues and while I made 55 pounds last Saturday, victory is not yet in my grasp. We booked Matt, Cort and Biggie's flights and they will be here on July 19th. I would love to be able to say I had lost 60 pounds by then, but I am just not putting any undue pressure on myself right now. I need to take it one day at a time.

No comments: