Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July



Happy Fourth of July! It has been a very eventful day for all of us here in Chicago. We started early with the parade. I managed to wave and embarasse our family name for the entire 2 mile parade route. I have posted a picture of my colorful, American celebration outfits including my toes!!! We then went to watch the queens throw out the first pitch at the all star game, a picnic with our ward and finally the fireworks tonight. Busy day and Michele looks a little tired, but we are hanging in there. After all - 4th of July in Vernon Hills is Americana at its best!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.

Susie said...

I love the picture but it took me a minute to figure out you have flags on your head- VERY patriotic!! Can't wait to see a picture of the deck!

lacey said...

Hi Aunt Debbie-
We must be online at the same time, I just noticed your post...

It has been years since I have seen you, although the Waalkes side of my life is never forgotten.
Susie had posted a comment earlier on my blog and so I "found" you a few days ago. I could not help it. I have been afraid to post anything for fear that someone would say "Who?" :)- I did spend time reading and looking at pictures on everyones blogs. I noticed your 'biggie" grandbaby and that Michelle is expecting. How exciting! I have very brief memories of being at your home and being with her, I must have been 7 or 8.

I sense the strong connection that you have with your children and extended Waalkes family members. It was nice to see the picture of you with Grandma and your brothers and sisters.

I will continue to visit your blog... thank you for getting in touch. I wish that time and circumstance had not distanced us so. I know my sisters feel the same. love, Lacey Williams