Monday, March 3, 2008

Can you Blame Me??

Well today was one of those days you wish you could go back to bed and forget ever happen. Instead I will blog about it and hopefully it will all give you a laugh. I have the day off today. I decided last night with so many events coming up this summer,(i.e, weddings, baby arrivals, pageant, etc) I really wanted to get in shape again (and again and again). Anyway, I decided to return to the gym that I love and where I have had so much success. I got up early, got dressed in my workout clothes and off I went. Now an important note in this story is that for Christmas this year I got an IPod. I love it and am attempting to learn how to use it. My son in law Nate showed me initially but had to leave before I felt really comfortable with it. Anyway, I have been attmepting to teach my self - a gatchet loser - the interworkings of my IPod. So off I went to the gym with my new IPod in tow. I got to the treadmill where I start my work out, punched in all the appropriate numbers and away I went. I also started up my IPod. Now one of the things that I have not been able to figure out is the volume control. It is really loud. But I figured that was o.k. because there is a lot of noise in the gym and they blast the music really loud. So off I go, walking and listening. Now here comes the embarassing part. On my IPod is the soundtrack from Grease. I love that soundtrack. And I can not imagine a person who would not want to sing along. Well it came to the song "Hand Jive" Now that is just about my most favorite song ever and with the volume up so loud, I guess I started to sing along in what I thought was a quiet voice. ( guess when the song ended I didn't need to throw my arms up in the air and yell "Hand Jive" but needless to say, I did.) Anyway when the song ended I heard sounds behind me and turned to see the entire gym - mostly men - staring at me and laughing at me. I just would have loved to find a big enough hole to fall into. Where is a good fainting spell or heart attack when you need it!!! Anyway, I looked them all straight in the face and said "Don't you just love that song?" I moved away to the weights in the back corner and knew that I would be looking for a new gym really soon. Please tell me someone else out there has done something as silly as that in the gym????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love ya Mom
-Matt

Michele said...

Another great debbie story- I laughed out loud!! I have often been caught dancing on the treadmill, there must be something about working out that you just get so caught up in the momentum you forget where you are. It does not suprise me one bit that you started singing in the gym. I'm so proud of you for going back to the gym, keep up the good work!! Love you!

Cortney said...

deb- i love bon jovi, so everytime i work out i have to consiously not sing "livin on a prayer", so i think everyone does that!! you played it off well! keep it up, you are doing great just to start up

Ryan & Whitney said...

I would love to go to the gym with you Aunt Debbie, I think it would be so much fun!