Friday, April 11, 2008

April Showers

Not much going on here in Chicago. It has been raining for what seems like days. We go from snow to rain and we will probably be in the 80's with high humidity next week. We really don't have a spring here in Chicago - just winter and road construction seasons!! Oh well, I do love it here. I am currently on the countdown. Counting down till the end of school (43 days left) counting down until my sisters arrive (14 days - can I really lost 30 pounds by then!) and we visit relatives in Grand Rapids, Michigan, counting down until Michele and Lincoln arrive (2 months - way too many days), counting down until my brother Paul's wedding (2 months - can I really lose 30 pounds by then), counting down to visiting Idaho Falls for Matt and Cort's new "fancy girl" arrival (3 months) and finally counting down (and dreading) my research class this summer (2 months). Lots going on. Wish I could be in more places, like Lindsey's wedding, but my goal for my research class is to get at least the first chapter of my thesis done and if I do it will be such a load off my mind. There is a research profession coming in for two weeks to work with us in the cohort so I am hoping his insight will be valuable and I can at least get a start on this overwhelming project. I think I have a topic - Is homework helpful for the elementary school age student?? It is a topic that interests me and from what I have seen already there is lots of helpful information out there. Will have to access when I get into it. For the first time in 8 years, I am not teaching summer school. I will miss this opportunity (and the money it brings) but the teacher who is teaching for me knows it is only for one year while I work on my masters. She will probably be glad to give it up next year!! I am trying to convince Rich that a driving vacation (out to Idaho Falls) this summer would be fun. He is not yet behind the plan, but we will see.....When Susie comes in a couple of weeks, she is going to help me practice posting pictures, so look for that.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Only 10 more weeks and I will be there with Bubbie!! We are so excited to see you guys, Lincoln asks for his Grandma and Grandpa Bond everyday- ok maybe not with real words but I can tell he misses you. You do have a very busy summer ahead of you. I'm sorry you can't go to the wedding but maybe Matt and Cortney and Kyle can go to represent our family- everyone likes them better anyway :) I really like your thesis topic- let me know how it turns out, I'm interested to know if all that homework I did in school was helpful. Have a great day- LOVE U

Susie said...

Okay, let's just say that someone who REALLY loves her big sister and REALLY wants her to come to her daughter's wedding and has LOTS and LOTS of airline points and could get her a ticket to let's say, Salt Lake, would you then come out for just a couple of days??? Let's talk....