Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In the Dumps

Well, it is Tuesday night and while nothing earth shattering is happening in my life, my oldest son David, said he was disappointed that I had not updated my blog. I was a little surprised because I thought he thought this blogging business was silly, but after he reported about Mandy's baby being born and about his brother cuddling with his wife, I figured he really did enjoy this. So just for him, I will update. Like the title says, I am kinda in the dumps. I have so much going on at school right now, it is just crazy. Big things, forget the little things such as the end of the year quickly approaching and all the end of the year stuff I have to do for that. I am finishing my grad class tomorrow night (ya) and have completed my presentation for that which I will give tomorrow. I know I should be happy about that, but this class has taken so much time that I really regret taking it now when there is so much going on. It is a class about using drama to enhance literacy in your classroom and I think I would have been able to use this information provided if I wasn't in such a state. In case I have not told anyone, and to be honest, why would I when I know you will all make fun of me - but I am currently rehersing for Mormon's on Broadway. This several act show will showcase 2 wards and will bring to the stage scenes and music and dance from many familiar shows. I am playing Dolly Levi (Hello Dolly) and have more dialog to learn than really is possible for me. In addition, the pageant is quickly approaching and if it were not for Michele and her organizational skills I don't know where I would be. I think one of the reasons, I am in a funk is that I have not been able to exercise on a regular basis. School, class and everything else is just getting to me. I know Susan can understand and I keep telling myself that soon it will all be over and I will be able to relax but right now I feel like my stomach is in a constant state of knots. Oh well David, do you see why I have not blogged recently. I just did not want to go on and on about how stressed I am. I just need to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. I have set some probably unrealist goals for weight lost prior to going to Whit's wedding, but I know my family will love me not matter what. I am tired and things always seem worst when you are tired. On a much happier note, all is well with David and Kelly (I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed on this one), Matt, Cort and Kyle and Michele and Nate. Rich is also fine so I should be greatful. I will write again on Thursday after I go to weight watchers, have open house and then rehersal. Yes it will be a busy day, but I will report my weight lost.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Oh my gosh, I can see it now- there will be a producer in the audience the night you debut your absolutely fabulous Dolly Levi and he will offer you the lead role on the Broadway revival of the play!! If anyone can do all you have with your outstanding organizational skills it would be you- hang in there!

Michele said...

Don't worry mom- between the two of us we will get it all done! I know you can do it- you can do anything! I love you tons, try not to stress out too much.

Cortney said...

oh deb, what we wouldn't give to see you in Hello Dolly!! you are so funny, i love that you are so theatre oriented. kyle has a pretty cool grandman! it is so awesome that you are doing this! everything else will fall into place, i know, i am the world's biggest worrier. oh and you have already lost 45lbs. that is nothing to be in the dumps about.

Mandy said...

I feel your crazy life! Don't stress out too much! I like how you said just put one foot in front of the other! That is totally how life is right now. And unrealistic goals are actually a good thing. I took a class in college that taught us to make 2 goals, one which we shot for the Stars and one that we shot for the moon. Either goal you make...you still went forward. Next time you make a weight loss goal set one that is barely achievable and one that is very achievable. Always shoot for the one the furthest and you will be surprised. I always end up somewhere in the middle, and I feel GREAT! You will too! I think you look great!