Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday's Results

Well it has been a good day. I lost 3 pounds at Weight Watchers today. That gives me a grand (and it is grand) total of 38.8 pounds. I am so close to 40 I can feel it. If only they had weighted me naked, I know I would have made the 40. Oh well next week. I am feeling really good and strong. Working out helps and it certainly helps with the mental challenge - after all dieting is more a mental game than anything else. I also feel really good because today I got the results of a biopsy I had taken on Friday. I do not have cancer which is always a good thing to say. I need to take some medication for 10 days which should clear up the problem. I can do that. I just did not have the time or engery for anything else right now. So thank Heavenly Father I am well. Matt on the other hand is still feeling the effects of his little accident with the ambulance door. I always thought my son was a hard headed kid but he did not have to try and prove it to the whole family and scare poor Cortney to death. For some good news - We met David's girlfriend and she is just a doll. For all my family, you will understand this comparison. Kelly looks a lot like Diane Waalkes. She has red hair, but not as red as Diane's but she is certainly very cute. We had a great lunch with Michele and Nate and David and Kelly. I tried very hard not to ask her too many questions, but between Michele and I we got most of our questions asked. David and she seem very happy and are spending a lot of time together. I guess the most important piece is that David's beloved dog Bear likes her. I think it is a relationship made in heaven. School continues to plug along. If you can believe it today April 11, we had 5 inches of snow. This is just too much. Even the kids were not excited about the prospect of going outside in the snow. They too are just plain tired of the whole winter thing. Friday promises to be 50 degrees, so hopefully the snow will melt and we will again be into spring. It can not come soon enough. My fear is someday I will call Michele and she will tell me she and Nate are half way back to California. They are both so tired of this cold and being inside. I keep telling them it will end so, but it does not seem to help them. Oh well, us Chicagoan are a hearty lot.

3 comments:

Susie said...

So much in one post!! So happy to hear about your test results- Marcia and I have decided you are definitely the dramatic sister. I'm also happy you lost more wieght, Matt's head is okay, David's girlfriend isn't heinous, yada yada yada!!! Love you lots, it's fun to read about your life. So sorry for the weather, did I mention it was 72 here today!!

Chelsea said...

you will be so proud of whitney. i do not like american idol at all and whit made me watch it last night... im probably going to go home and tivo the rest of the season! i like the jordan girl. talk to you soon
p.s. im jealous about the dress for whits wedding. i bought one but i dont think i will fit in it yet in time!

Cortney said...

deb! thanks for helping me through my trauma last night!! i could not ask for more in a mother-in-law