Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's official - I've hit a plateau



Happy Mother's Day. It is Sunday here and we just finished dinner. I have had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Rich gave me a day at the spa yesterday which was so wonderful. Lots of pampering which I love. Then we went out to dinner with Michele and Nate and I stayed within my points which is always a good thing. Speaking of points (which is what I usually do most of the time) I went to Weight Watchers this Saturday am. I am going to change my meeting because going at night is just such a bite. I always weight 2-3 pounds more and it is getting to me. So I went to the Saturday morning session and I really liked it. However, I only lost 1.6 pounds. It looks like I am in the dreaded "plateau" phase of my weight lost. I kept thinking it wouldn't happend, but as much as I stay within my points, and exercise, the scale does not seems to be moving in a downward tread as quickly as it did before. My sister Marcia and told me to drink more and exercise more which is what I will do, but at this point I do not know how much more I could drink and besides taking time off from work, my exercise routine will have to stay the same. It is a bit discouraging, but because I feel so good I am not letting it get me down. I have a very busy week. My teacher's union is in negotations for a new contract which is not going well. We need to show lots of support for our negotatators which means lots of meetings. IN addition, rehersals for Hello Dolly are really getting very numerous and intense. We rehersed last Thursday night until 11:00 which for me was way past my bed time. Add to that all the end of the school year stuff which is always there and I am in a bit of a fried state. I am really looking forward to going to California for Whit's wedding. It will be after Hello Dolly and after most of my school stuff will be complete. I will also get to visit with Biggie Boy and Matt and Cortney and Cooper and Kenzie and oh ya, Marcia and Dick too!!! The picture tonight is for my sisters. It is another dress possibility for the wedding. I personally think it looks a little frumpy, but you decide.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I'm home!! The dress looks cute- I haven't even started looking yet and I must start doing that!! Check out the pictures of baby Sophie on my blog- she was such a good baby through everything!

Chelsea said...

i dont like that dress as much as the other sunday one! keep working hard

Anonymous said...

You look great mom. Keep up the good work.
-Matt