Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Results are In!!

It's Wednesday evening so it must have been weight in and American Idol day! First the good. I MADE 35.2 #'s today!!! Ya for Me!!! I was so excited to go to my meeting and get recognized for the lost. However it was a short lived celebration. The next person to get her reward was a woman who in 13 months had lost 100 pounds. Everyone went crazy. As if that was not enough to burst my bubble, the next person to get the award was a woman who had lost 90 pounds. So while my 35 pounds' was not as significant as 90 -100 pounds, it was still good for me. I lost my trainer Herschel (do you think I was just too much of a challenge for him??) but he left me with a really good program that should not have to be updated for about 8 weeks. By then I should have found another trainer to work with. I am enjoying going to the gym and especially like it this week because I am off work and am able to go during the day. Speaking of my vacation - I am having a wonderful time. I have been to get a hair cut, done a million little errands and managed to spend some quality time at Target and Walmart. I even got to the mall today and felt walking around was a good exercise - I stopped infrequently to buy which kept my heart rate up. I miss Michele but she is having a wonderful time in Florida so I am happy when she is happy. They return on Friday and hopefully I will have my new car by then. I did not want to tell everyone about my new "baby" until I can post a picture of it on line, but just let me say, if this is a mid-life crisis, I am enjoying it. My new vehicle is bright (and I mean fire engine) red with beige leather interior. I have never had a leather interior car and I figured I deserve it. Finally no Wednesday blog would be complete without a mention of American Idol. Has the show lost all validity???? People are going and yet Sanjani continues on.......there must be people out there who are voting for him as a joke. Too bad. I voted for my girl Lakisa and she remained which makes me happy. I will continue to watch and vote and hope that America gets tired to making a joke of Sanjani. Well off to bed. Michele said she would update my weight tracker - what would I do without her.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Ok so I know you are going to die...but I don't watch american idol (shame on me!) But I have heard about Howard Stern trying to keep ( i just forgot his name!) on the show! I think that is REALLY sad! And I love your Wednesday posts to see your weight results! You are doing so good. I remember at the meetings when they would say somebody had lost 75 or 100 pounds I would just think that WILL BE ME someday! Of course then I got pregnant and put everything back on...but oh well! And Emma almost weighs 35 pounds...so just think you have lost a whole Emma! Keep up the great work...I can't wait to swap recipe and point ideas!

Susie said...

Good job! I as outlawing American Idol in our home because they've made a mockery of it and I get nauseous when I see Sanjipoo. I can't wait to see a pic of the new car- you aren't going to speed in it, are you? We are off to Utah for conference weekend- I can't wait to see the President Hinkley!

Michele said...

Mom I am so proud of you, I just hope that after my baby is born I can be as diligent as you in losing weight! I miss you tons here in Florida but wait till you see Nate's sunburn! Hope you are keeping busy, I will see you in 24 hours (hopefully in your new car)...

Cortney said...

hey deb!!! you know kyle loves american idol because he loves to dance to it. i guess you have rubbed off!! we love you tons!